FIT INDIA MOVEMENT
Aims and Objectives
The Fit India Movement is a movement to take the nation on a path of fitness and
wellness. It provides a unique and exciting opportunity to work towards a healthier India. As
part of the movement, individuals and organizations can undertake various efforts for their
own health and well-being as well as for the health and well-being of fellow Indians. FIT INDIA
Movement was launched on 29th August, 2019 by Hon'ble Prime Minister with a view to make
fitness an integral part of our daily lives. The mission of the Movement is to bring about
behavioural changes and move towards a more physically active lifestyle, which is possible by
making it a people’s movement wherein every citizen gives time to himself / herself for being
physically active and fit. Towards achieving this mission, Fit India proposes to undertake
various initiatives and conduct events to achieve the following objectives:
Achievements of J&K UT in Fit India
- To promote fitness as easy, fun and free
- To spread awareness on fitness and various physical activities that promote fitness through
- To encourage indigenous sports
- To make fitness reach every school, college/university, panchayat/village, etc.
- To create a platform for citizens of India to share information, drive awareness and encourage
sharing of personal fitness stories
Fit India Movement was launched in J&K on 29th August 2019. J&K UT has been active
participant in Fit India Movement and has organized various activities in
schools/districts/divisions and at UT level under Fit India Movement in order to spread
awareness on fitness and the activities that can be undertaken to ensure that fitness reaches
every school.Some of them are:-
Fit India School Week –J&K ranked first all over India in Fit India School week with more than
30000 events organized in schools and data alongwith photographs was uploaded on Fit India
Portal by schools. Letter of appreciation was given to J&K UT officials for this achievement.
FIT INDIA EVENTS/ACTIVITIES IN 2021
1) FIT INDIA SCHOOL REGISTRATION-FIT INDIA FLAG,3-STAR AND 5-STAR SCHOOL
- Fit India Cyclothon.
- Fit India Prabhat Pheri.
- Fit India Freedom Run.
- Fit India Monthly Plog event
- Fit India School Registration- Fit India Flag.
- Fit India 3 Star & 5-Star School Registration.
- Fit India Quiz.
- March for Women.
- Fit India Active Sunday.
- Formation of Youth Clubs
- Link to access Fit India website is https://fitindia.gov.in
Fit India Mission has prepared a system of FIT INDIA SCHOOL rating with simple and easy
parameters. A School has to self certify and apply online and register online on Fit India
portal using school email id. The school is given Fit India School registration certificate
online at time of registration. The School then gets entitled for Fit India Logo and Fit India
Flag. Then the school can apply for 3-Star and for 5-Star rating (highest rating) based on
parameters the school satisfies.
Parameters for Fit India School:
Parameters for Fit India 3-Star School:
- Having one teacher trained in PE, and such teacher is physically fit and active.
- Having a playground where two or more outdoor games are played.
- Having one PE period each day for every section and physical activities (sports, dance, games, yogasan, PT) take place in the PE period.
- Having all students spending 60 minutes or more on physical activities daily.
Parameters for Fit India 3-Star School:
- All teacher to be spending 60 minutes or more every day for physical activities.
- School has at least two trained teachers in physical education and are well versed with any
- School has celebrated Fit India School week.
- Having Sports facilities for 4 sports including the 2 outdoor sports.
- Every student learns and plays 2 sports – one of which could be a traditional/indigenous/local
2) FIT INDIA SCHOOL QUIZ
- School conducts quarterly intra-school sports competitions, participates in inter-school sports
competition and celebrates Annual Sports Day.
- All teachers are trained in PE.
- School has 2 or more sports coaches. These may be PE teachers.
- School follows structured PE curriculum prescribed by NCERT/CBSE/SCERT.
- School conducts annual fitness assessment of all children.
- School opens its playground(s) after school hours for neighbouring communities, and the same
is actively used. Reasonable fee can be levied for maintenance and security.
In a bid to further reiterate the need to create awareness about fitness and sports among
school children, who are the future of India, Fit India Mission has decided to launch Fit India
Quiz for schools across the country in the month of June 2021. The objective of the quiz is to
provide a national platform for students to showcase their knowledge about fitness and
sports, also endeavours in its philosophy to create awareness among students about India's
rich sporting history. This quiz will also be the first-ever fitness and sports quiz to be telecast
on India's one of the Iargest sport television channels Star Sports as well as on National TV
channel. Students who make it to the national round as representatives of their schools, will
therefore get a chance to showcase their talent before entire nation. The four rounds of the
quiz will include the following:
FIT INDIA MONHTLY ACTIVITIES IN LINE WITH AMRUT MAHOTSAVA
- >School Round: To be conducted by the school to register the school students for the
- Preliminary Round: To be a multiple-choice online round conducted by the National Testing
Agency (India’s premiere examination body that conducts national-level exams such as JEE
and NEET). The country-wide quiz will be organised in 13 languages for benefit of students
studying in regional-medium schools.
- State Round: To be conducted by each State/UTs with the support from FIT India Mission
amongst Schools qualified after preliminary round. The detailed process of qualification of
the school is described in the annexure. This round will be anchored by a professional quiz
master and will be webcast on social media.
- National Round: Final round in which winning team of each State/UT will participate and
fight for the TOP TITLE of the National Winner of FIT INDIA QUIZ 2021. First Runner Up and
Second Runner Up prizes will also be decided. This will be a grand event to be hosted by Fit
A suggestive list of Activities Calendar for schools from March 2021 to February 2022 has been
provided by Ministry of Education to be in line with Celebration of Amrut Mahotsava (75th
Independence Day) which is to be followed by schools in online/offline mode.
Additional Online/Offline activities
||Theme Based Activity
||Fit India Walkathon/Cyclothon
||125/27 Km Walkathon/Cyclothon/Walking competition
||Mental Fitness Week
||Yoga Day Celebration, Yogasnas, Rhythmic Yoga, Meditation, mindfulness activities, daily yoga, stretching., hand exercises
||Indigenous/Traditional Sports, martial arts, dance, awareness generation rallies
||Freedom Run India @75
||Fit India Freedom Run with subsequent activities
||Fit India Plog Run
||Fit India Plog Run followed by green village-clean village , plantation, plays/rallies, cultural programs
||Fit India Week- Eat Right Campaign
||Healthy food and eating practices, student profile healthy local recipes, flavours and ingredients, nutritional food, inter/intra sports competition, awareness among parents & community, stories/talks/essay competitions |
||Fit India Festive Special
||Fitness through folk dance, patriotic theme, mind games, collage making and poster competition
Ministry of education from time to time adds new activities in Fit India activities which are to
be implemented at various levels. At UT/Divisional/District/ school level, various online/offline
activities are organised at local level from time to time keeping the local environment,
conditions and culture into consideration.
Goto Fit India Movement Portal